Topaz Energy and Marine is a leading offshore vessel support company that provides marine logistics solutions to the global energy industry. We operate in the Caspian, Middle East, West Africa and subsea markets with a fleet of over 100 vessels and a team of over 1800 people.
Nigeria- together with our local partners Team Offshore Nigeria Limited, Topaz has been building its presence in Nigeria, where a large part of our West African fleet operates from a base in Onne. Our global experience and systems, combined with local knowledge and expertise are proving integral in supporting national players and major IOCs in developing the country’s natural resources.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
- Team Offshore Nigeria Ltd is looking to recruit a Senior Accountant to join their team in Lagos.
- The main purpose of this role is to assist the Finance Controller in accounting, auditing and local compliances including tax, statutory reporting & working capital Management.
- You will be joining a high performing and passionate team who are looking for someone to take on the following key accountabilities:
Accounting & Finance:
- Prepare and send monthly reports to Shared services finance – Debtors balances, Fixed Assets, utilization report etc.
- Assist in preparing consolidated MMR with variance analysis for AR, AP and GL.
- Audit lead during internal and external audits for standalone and consolidated financials
- Assist in budget preparations and Rolling Forecasts
- Ensure proper GL Accounting, accounting for intercompany transactions, month end closing entries and fixed assets booking.
- Produce accounting and financial information that are accurate, reliable and compliant with acceptable standards, statutory requirements and Group financial policies and procedures.
- Prepare month end balance sheet schedules for submission to corporate office (Dry dock, intercompany reconciliation, Capex report, Cash Flow etc
- Prepare monthly tax calendar for Nigeria with reason of variances, if any.
- Ensure timely filing and accounting of tax (WHT, VAT, CIT and other local taxes) returns with government bodies.
- Liaise with tax consultants to get timely tax advices as and when required.
Revenue assurance, Debt Management and Treasury:
- Ensure timely and accurate raising of customer invoices (charter and other revenues) and subsequent debt collection.
- Map out procedures to record efficiency/completeness in the collection process to guarantees that all payments are properly accounted for and guide against any loophole in the collection process.
- Strengthens controls to avoid non-invoicing/Process review to ensure additional revenue opportunities.
- Ensure adequate funds are available and priorities according to operational payments requirements.
- Consolidating the weekly cash flow with all the loan payments, AR and AP inflows and outflows
Who are we looking for?
- A qualified Chartered Accountant with minimum 5 -7 years’ relevant industry experience in an international company of which at least 4 years should be in similar role.
- Exposure to Nigerian tax system is must.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply